23 February 2007

taking care of the small things

lately, God has really been teaching me about taking care of the small things He has given me. i have many dreams that i believe God also wants for me and my family, and sometimes i begin to feel like i am waiting until the timing is right. however, God gave me a new perspective on these dreams.

we have a wonderful home and we really do love it, but as most couples, we dream to someday own a house. not just any house, but a small timberframe in the woods with lots of land, including an open hillside filled with wildflowers. i'd like a long driveway that climbs up to our house and a big barn that will be mike's shop. and, mike, it's ok if the barn is bigger than the house. for some reason, i truly believe this will happen and that the scene will be exactly as described.

in the meantime, God spoke to me about caring for our current home. it's not that i wasn't taking care of it, but just that my perspective on caring for it was wrong. i thought i was cleaning, sorting, and organizing for us and for any guests that come, but that was wrong. i need to be caring for it simply because God gave it to me! if I don't care for the smaller things He has given me, how will He give me anything more? i need to honor God in the way that I care for our house. boy, did that change not only my perspective, but also the level of cleanliness and organization with which this household is now run.

this carries over into all things. do you pray for a different job/career someday? well, how are you handling your current job? are you putting in 110%? what's your attitude like? are you honoring God with all your thoughts and actions?

do you pray for your perfect soulmate? how are your other relationships? have you cut out all gossip? how do you treat strangers? are you being a servant? are you honoring God in the way you handle all people?

i'm not saying that you need to be perfect in order for God to bless you with more. that's impossible and ridiculous. what i am saying is that those who honor God, God will honor (1Samuel 2:30).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home