21 October 2006

"fluvial geomorph-what?"

the last few days have been super busy, but good busy... i met up with my advisor from my Master's thesis. she is going to take my thesis and another study i did on a sand dune restoration project and write 3 different papers to submit to scientific journals. since they will be from my research and because she will just reorganize chunks of my own papers, i will get to be the lead author on those. this is so exciting for me because journal articles are what its all about now as far as credentials. i've always dreamt of getting just one publication, but three?? that would be awesome! i did so much work on my thesis and really found some neat results, so it will be very rewarding to see that work go toward the pool of scientific knowledge. also, the papers in those journals are the ones i read to develop my own ideas. i use them as guides to see if i'm on the right track, so it would be such an honor to have a paper published among those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home