15 October 2006

fall cleaning

fall is my favorite season. the air is fresh and the leaves are crisp. i always seem to go through a period of recentering myself, my thoughts, my activities, and my body during the fall. it is a quiet time: a calmness that i gain confidence during. i think this is the time of the year where i am the happiest, and i think that's because of this period of recentering and refocusing on my goals, purposes, and on who i am. this year is no different... as i've just begun a new trail in my life (mommyhood), i am finding this to be the perfect time for me to sort through the clutter in my life and in my brain, and to make sure i'm on a path to shape me best into the friend, wife, and mamma that i'd like to be. interestingly, i always seem to want to get out and go running during this time. specifically, trail running. i just want to be in the woods, and i feel best when i get out there a lot. i'm not sure if it's that nature itself is therapeutic, if it's that exercise always makes people feel good, or if it's that i do my best thinking when on the trails. it's probably all of these.
i am so excited that i've been able to get out a fair amount already, and i'm glad joshua is 6 weeks now so that we can use the jogging stroller that mike's grandmother got for us. i hope i can take joshua out a lot this week to the rails-to-trails and maybe the reservoir in west hartford. i think he really enjoys being out on the trail, too, but that may just be because he likes the motion. i like being out there with him. there's few better things to do than take my sweet baby boy out for a walk on the trails. soon, he will be learning about all the rivers and trees, and playing on the rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home